I don’t think I am ever going to get over this. Why, Durins, why
i’m at a party and there’s no animals to pet i am too awkward for this shit
Reblog this if you’d hang out with your Tumblr friends if you ever met them in real life.
REBLOG IF YOU WOULD MEET THEM AT THE AIRPORT GATE AND RUN AT EACH OTHER IN SLOW MOTION, ARMS WIDE OPEN WHILE “AT LAST” PLAYS OVER THE PA SYSTEM
my mind is still reeling from the fact that i missed knowing daisykatherine by two years.
Eleven Questions Meme
Tagged by: furynz (thanks bb!!)
Rule One: Always post the rules.
Rule Two: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write eleven new ones.
Rule Three: Tag eleven people and link them to the post.
Rule Four: Actually tell them you tagged them.
Rule Five: Tag the one who tagged you so they can see.
- What’s the third nearest thing to you right now?
that appears to be my cat. and a pillow. :)
- How long can you not work/not go to school before you get bored?
oh, gosh. i can make it for like a week. summer vacation is a blessing and a curse because i NEED the break after working so hard all year, but i’m bored before the first week is out. luckily there’s always lots of planning to be done to keep me occupied. :)
- You can either become the president of a powerful country, the most skilled doctor in a single field of medicine, or a famous author with a much loved book - which do you choose?
ooohhh this is tough. if i’m being altruistic i would want to be the doctor, because i would love to be able to help people. but, if i’m being selfish (and 100% honest), i would want to be the author.
- You get a horse. What do you call it?
Very Heavy Mobile Deathtrap (i am afraid of horses).
- How many browser tabs do you have open right now?
9 tabs in 2 windows.
- Which season suits you best?
- What discovery/development do you hope to see during your lifetime?
oh gosh. i want awareness for mental health. i want the stigma gone. i want people to be able to talk about their feelings and get the help that they need without feeling ashamed for needing help. i want a cure for cancer. i want equal rights for everyone. when i leave, i want the world to be a better place than it was when i came into it.
- One of the dwarves (book, movie, appendices) is coming to your house. Which one and what will you do with him/her?
no i can’t pick! uhhmmmm. i legitimately have scenarios for all of them. uuuhhhmmmm fíli comes over and reads something aloud while i braid his hair.
- What food are you best at cooking?
fried rice. i make bangin’ fried rice; you don’t even KNOW.
- You’re given the chance to head to Mars as part of the first colony. You have to go alone and leave everyone and most everything you know behind. Would you go?
- Tell us one positive thing that happened to you this last week.
we’re back at work and getting ready for the students to come next week!!
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- What scares you the most?
- What is your favorite board game, and why?
- What movie could you watch over and over again?
- Your friend sets you up on a blind date with one of the dwarves. Who do they pick for you and what do you do?
- Favorite subject in school? And why?
i won’t be mad if it’s not science :3
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your favorite type of weather?
- What do you want your legacy to be (or, what will the world remember you for)?
- If you could send a message to the entire world, what would you say?
- How would you describe yourself in 5 words?
Tagging: dianalunae, littleravenkili, daisykatherine, marigoldfaucet, vlh114, thegreensorceress, willaswillow and anyone else who wants to do it because i just got really lazy and my followers list isn’t loading (and i have the memory of a gnat).
wooo! i was tagged by furynz in this little about me meme. :)
1. What’s your name
2. When is your birthday?
3. Where are you from?
4. Have a crush?
and yea okay my husband too i guess
5. What’s your favorite color?
6. Write something in caps?
THE MITOCHONDRIA IS THE POWERHOUSE OF THE CELL
7. Got a favorite band?
oh man it changes regularly. currently, it’s dotan
8. Favorite number?
9. Favorite drink?
diet dr. pepper. and tea.
10. Tag ten people
i’m too lazy (and i don’t know who has done it), so consider yourself tagged if you want to play!
don’t forget to tag me back! i want to get to know all of you precious little bbs. :)
Rules: In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag ten friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them!
I was tagged by dianalunae and daisykatherine and I am finally not restricted to mobile, so here it goes!!
- The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Harry Potter, by J.K. Rowling
- Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn
- A Short History of Nearly Everything, by Bill Bryson
- The Wild God of the World, by Robinson Jeffers
- Where the Red Fern Grows, by Wilson Rawls
- The Lorax, by Dr. Seuss
- The Road, by Cormac McCarthy
- Bossypants, by Tina Fey
- The Human, the Orchid, and the Octopus, by Jacques Cousteau
I’m tagging anyone who wants to do it, since I think I’ve seen a lot of you with it done already. :)
i’m being hyper-critical of my writing right now (i’m really sorry i feel like i haven’t posted anything in forever), so here’s a snippit of something i am working on. :)
“They’ll be back soon. Won’t they, Papa?” his youngest son asks, turning watery brown eyes to gaze at him. With a soft, small smile, he reaches down and ruffles the boy’s raven-hued curls, letting his hand drop to his shoulder and squeezing it gently.
“Back before you know it,” Víli promises, but the words stick strangely in his mouth.
[sudden craving for singledad!kili doctor/pediatrician!fili au appears]